Thursday, April 24, 2014

Beginnings

We were prepared for the worst. Keep expectations low, and that way you won't be disappointed.

The first night, just as we were told, he slept in 15 minute increments. Up,down, repeat. I was up jiggling and rocking him all night. He was unable to transfer out of my arms. It was stressful and exhausting.

After a day or two, he suddenly started sleeping in 4 hours blocks. We were alarmed at first. But he looked more relaxed, more rested. Lost the tension from his face and forehead.  He was getting 16+ hours of sleep a day.

What happened? No idea. Was it a developmental milestone?  Seems unlikely to happen overnight. Maybe there were allergens in his last foster home?

Suddenly he is a typical baby, dare I say...easy.  Knock on wood. Knock hard, bang my head on wood. I hope he stays easy for awhile.

No comments:

Post a Comment